Wednesday, December 30, 2009

# Post # Recipes

Chilly? Try My EZ Chili!

A different twist on a hot old fave...a real hit in my family, and so easy to make!

When my kids were little and hated "spicy" stuff, I omitted the chili powder and substituted a can of diced green chiles, or nothing at all. My favorite ways to serve this dish is either wrapped in a warm buttered tortilla burrito style, or served with tortilla chips and topped with grated cheese and sour cream.

EZ CHILI


You'll need:

2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 16 oz cans beans (I use 1 can kidney and 1 can black, but you can select your own combo)
1 can chili beans
2 large cans whole tomatoes, snipped
1 can tomato paste
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn
1 8oz (approx) can sliced black olives
Chili powder, seasoning salt, and pepper to taste


Brown ground beef in skillet; pour into large pot or slow cooker. Saute onions and garlic until soft; add to pot. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Cook at low heat, simmering on stove top for up to 1 hour until flavors blended or start in slow cooker on low heat up to 4 hours before. Serves 8.

1 comment:

Visits To This Blog: