Monday, August 4, 2014

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

The Party's Over

My sad, sagging balloon
Well, summer vacation 2014 is officially history. Two weeks of fun whizzed past me like a Frisbee on a beach. I hung out with friends and family, ate more delicious restaurant food than a human needs, and plied myself with more ice cream and treats than any self-respecting, semi-Paleo-eating girl should devour. Sorry, diet! I also got to indulge myself with plenty of a favorite pastime--reading.

My fudge, served up in a Mickey sink!
LIFE STUFF

Books, books, and more books! I tend to go through phases with my reading: I'll inhale SciFi for a while, then Romance, then off to Horror/Thrillers, etc. I'm currently rooted in the King/Koontz horror camp. I finished Doctor Sleep and The Good Guy, both of which were quite satisfying, if not a bit odd in parts. I also piled on The Taking by Dean Koontz, which kept me riveted long into the night. I'm currently reading The Darkest Evening of the Year, another Dean Koontz. And on a completely asynchronous note, I also have Pride and Prejudice popped open on my Kindle. Hey, a gal's gotta have some Jane Austen here and there, right?

WRITING STUFF

Aside from fun and frolic, I spent lots of vacation time prepping our homeschool year, which starts today. I completely shifted our approach, something I hadn't done for a while. I've learned from experience that shifting gears on homeschooling means my energy goes toward getting in a new groove. This takes the spark out of my spurs for other things--like writing. While my child's education is of utmost importance, I am determined to get the muse rolling as well.

Now that I've got Bri's coursework slated, I have the data I need to finish my revised Organized Writer schedule. And I'll be writing the addendum post to the series to talk about doing a special schedule to address recurring issues that can throw things off, like NaNoWriMo, annual vacations, etc. Then it's back to the literary salt mines at last. Yay!


TV STUFF

True Blood and Teen Wolf...I'm still watching, but both shows seem all over the map for me. Not much to say about Teen Wolf. As for True Blood, what's going on with Tara? What's she trying to tell Nettie and LaLa? And Bill...didn't see his storyline coming, or Sookie's part in what's happened to him. Then again, now that they've pointed out that Sarah Newlin, now has a role to play in vampire survival both annoys and relieves me. On the one hand, I'm no longer so worried about Eric, Bill, etc. surviving. Then again, at the rate things are going, anyone can get axed at any moment on that show. Except maybe Sookie. Or heck, maybe they'll do HER in during the finale. At this point, anything seems possible.



~~~~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: