Tuesday, March 8, 2016

# Paleo # Post

No-Grain Faux Oatmeal

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


I realized some time ago that I'm sensitive to gluten, and when I'm behaving myself I try to avoid cereals. But I love my Malt-o-Meal, Cream of Wheat, and oatmeal! They're just so yummy and satisfying. Recently I saw a recipe on Pinterest for a sort of Paleo oatmeal, and I started playing around with ratios and ingredients to come up with my own version that's like the above cereals combined.

This "faux" hot cereal is great because I love the flavor and texture but even more, I love how quick and easy it is to prepare. I'm famous for wanting no-fuss breakfasts, aka tearing open a packet of oatmeal, dumping water on it, and tossing it in the microwave. This is just about as easy once you've made the super-simple dry mix to keep on hand.

No-Grain Faux "Oatmeal"

 Ingredients


For the dry mix:
1 cup almond meal (I prefer the texture of meal, but you can use almond flour)
1 cup of coconut flour (you can use unsweetened, shredded coconut if you want a chewier bite, but this gives more of a cream of wheat texture)
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Combine these in a sealed container and shake well.

For a single serving of cereal:
1/2 - 1 banana (depending on size and your sweet tooth. 1 giant banana might be too much)
1/4 cup of your dry mix
1/3 - 1/2 cup milk
Optional: a handful of dried fruit, a pat of butter

Directions

Mash banana in the bottom of a microwave-safe bowl. Add dry mix and pour on the milk; stir together. Microwave for about 1 minute until it gets a bit bubbly. If it's too thin, cook a bit longer. If it's too thick, thin with additional milk. Stir in optional items if desired.


Enjoy!
~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: