My Valentine's Romance Guest Blog even continues with today's special guest,erotic romance author Sandy Sullivan!
Sandy is giving away the winners choice of her releases: Cowboy Love, Wild Wyoming Nights or Love's Sweet Surrender. Post in the comments for a chance to win!
Hello all! I'm so glad to be on Jade's Blog today as we chat/blog about finding love on the internet.
I know, I know. How can you find love on the internet. Well let me tell you, it can be done. I'm a testament to that fact. You see, in 1998 I divorced my ex-husband. Yes, I'll freely admit, I divorced him. We were married for 15 years and had 3 daughters together, but by this time, I had decided, I wasn't happy in the marriage and hadn't been for some time. He had his faults and I'm sure I do too, but I couldn't see spending the rest of my life miserable and making the kids miserable while they listened to their parents fight and just generally unhappy. No, he didn't want the divorce or at least that was my impression.
Anyway, where this all goes is that shortly after we separated, I go online and signed up for a couple of free online dating services. I met a few men online, chatted with some of them for quite a period of time and even moved myself and my kids to a town closer to one. There were other circumstances in doing that, like cheaper rent for a single mom, closer to work, etc, but the main reason came down to, I wanted to be closer to the guy I was dating. To say the least, that one didn't work out.
Now, my current husband's name is Shaun. He was stationed in at McChord Air Force Base in Tacoma Washington at the time. We joke now about how fate had a hand in our meeting so I'll time line a few things out so you can see where I'm going with this.
1. He had gotten an offer to finance a computer, but had no money being single with 3 kids of his own to raise, for shipping which is all they wanted up front. Back then the good ones were 333mhz.
2. Then he received an offer for a $300 unsecured credit card, just in time to pay the shipping for this computer.
3. He went online to Match.com and filled out a profile to meet women. No, at the time he wasn't looking for another wife.
4. I saw his profile and he emailed him on December 25, 1998.
5. He emailed me back.
6. I went back on Match to figure out who exactly I'd gotten the email from since I'd sent out like 3-4 at that time, and his profile couldn't be found anywhere on their website. Okay, weird!
7. We emailed for a week or so and then decided to meet on New Year's Eve 1998 so I drove to Tacoma with my kids to meet him at his apartment. I got a ticket for speeding on the way there! He drove by me while I was getting said ticket and thought, "I hope that's not her." Well, yes, it was me.
We dated for approximately 3 weeks before he asked me to marry him and I said yes. We have been married for 10 years this past August and we fit together like two puzzle pieces. We are linked so closely, at time we are thinking the same thing at the same thing, or one of us will have pain in the same spot as the other, although we aren't aware of it at the time. It's kind of weird, but fun too. We are sure his mother is up with God laughing her butt off! She died before we met of leukemia.
Anyway, for those of you that are still looking for love, it's out there, just be choosey and don't settle when you have the opportunity to find the love of your life. I know I did!
Sandy Sullivan is a romance author, who, when not writing, spends her time with her husband Shaun on their farm in middle Tennessee. She loves to ride her horses, play with their dogs and relax on the porch, enjoying the rolling hills of her home south of Nashville. County music is a passion of hers and she loves to listen to it while she writes.
Wild Wyoming Nights
available at Siren-Bookstrand
Abigail Carter lost her firefighter husband on September 11th. On a mission to heal her heart, she starts a new life in the prairies of Wyoming. Her neighbor, hunky rancher and quarter horse expert Chase Wilder, makes her heart race for the first time in years, but will she let him get close enough to warm the cold winter nights?
Chase rescues Abby from her overturned car in an accident similar to the one that took his wife. His dormant libido goes into overdrive when he looks into Abby's beautiful green eyes. Unfortunately, she's still struggling with her grief, and Chase doesn't want to push her. Can the two find a way to overcome the past and have a future together?