Sunday, June 19, 2011

# Post # Six Sentence Sunday

More to it Than Trees-Six Sentence Sunday

~~~~~

On select Sundays I'll be sharing a six-sentence excerpt from one of my works in progress, as part of Six Sentence Sunday.

This six is the next snippet from ONCE EVERY SPRING, my "sweet" urban fantasy WiP. 

Dana wants to know how a tree transported her to an alternate fantasy reality where just one other exists...


“There is more to it than just the trees.” Adam paused, as if he was about to impart a vital, verbose speech he'd been preparing for ages. “The jacaranda petals.”

She waited, frowning when he failed to reveal more. “What about the petals?”

He resumed walking, and she followed him up a small slope.




~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

10 comments:

  1. I think I'd hit Adam for being so vague. Tell me more. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving following this duo- she's always so inquisitive and he loves the way she questions him at every turn
    Dawne P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, 'what about the petals?' tell us! lol. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely following the petal clue. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cinematic -- I can see the characters crossing the landscape and teasing out the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser! This has got to be serious if there's jewelry involved. After rereading last week's post, I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dying to know more about those petals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somebody give Adam a good slap upside the head.

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: