Monday, January 28, 2013

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

DIY Studio and How The Hobbit Should Have Ended

On Mondays I gab about, well, pretty much whatever!

Is it Monday again already? And not only that, but the last Monday of January. The weeks just fly by these days, honestly!

 I was so busy this week that I didn't get a chance to catch up with Downton Abbey or Revenge. However, I had to mention this hilarious clip: HOW THE HOBBIT SHOULD HAVE ENDED. If you've never seen the hilarious H.I.S.H.E. series, you definitely need to check it out.

Good news to report! I got acceptances on two books this past week: PETER AND THE WOLF and NATURE'S BOUNTY. Contracts are being perused and signed as we speak. Tentative dates for these are March and May, respectively. Mike's latest erotic story just went up on Amazon, a voyeur piece titled BAR ROOM BIRTHDAY. We also sat this week and talked about ideas he's got for two full-length titles. I hope he goes for it!

I'm back to work on BOUND TO HER MASTER, with several scenes still to go before typing those two fateful words. (The End, for those who were wondering.) This week was also busy as heck at work, as well as family-intensive.

Bri started Tae Kwon Do this week, and I was so thrilled when work called and canceled my shift just in time to be able to attend her first session. She's had two classes and so far loves it. Her instructor is awesome, a perfect match for her I think. She's come down with a sore throat today, and I hope she kicks it before classes this week. (Yes, karate pun intended.)

We transformed our dining room into a mini studio over the weekend to film a short FX clip for my husband and some stuff for Bri's vlog. The bad part was discovering (after two hours of shooting) that our new, bigger green screen is an epic failure. To save Yours Truly a whole ton of editing work, we'll try re-shooting against a blue screen instead.
Also under the category of epic fail: I finally re-colored my hair and it turned out too reddish-brown. Bleh. (It's supposed to be blonde bordering on strawberry.) I'll wait a couple weeks and give it another go. To go along with that, I did my nails and then was promptly called to duty "on set," which put ratty dings ALL over my polish. Um, maybe a hammered, grunge finish can become a new "look?"

On deck this week: Lots of hustle bustle. More edits for me, both on the latest book and the family's videos. Mike's brother is visiting from Australia, and his cousin is coming in from San Francisco. By the end of this week, I hope to have 1-2 chapters done on BOUND TO HER MASTER, Bri's next vlog posted, and Mike's video short completed. Yeah. And I'll also be solving world peace and knitting a new ozone layer. Ha!


~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: