Monday, January 7, 2013

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

(The New) Mild-Mannered Mondays



(At left: Farewell, Starbucks' Frosted Cookie Snowmen!)

It's the new Mild-Mannered Mondays, when I will gab about, well, pretty much whatever the heck I feel like!

The first week of 2013 has come and gone, with 51 more like it until it's time to put on the funny hats and watch the ball drop in Times Square again. So I ask myself, what did I accomplish this week? 

 For one thing, this was NOT the week to use as an example of the "exciting and fabulously glamorous" world of erotic romance authors everywhere. My kid has been sick since Christmas, and endless nights have been spent pushing fluids and Vick's Vapo-Rub, not to mention holding her hair back like a dutiful parental unit when she gets barfy. Apparently jealous of all the attention the kid's been getting, both our cars have been acting up. One is on the critical list and waiting for a crucial part before being towed to our faithful mechanic. The other likes to mimic the problems th first one's having just to mess with us. 

In other news, work has been enough of a stress fest that I have come home at night either shell-shocked into stunned catatonia or spouting manic gibberish that includes, according to my hubby, wild hand gestures, occasional fist-pounding, and repeating the same story three times. Add to that the fact that Starbucks has reverted to their pre-holidays menu and it's been a week thrown askew. 

 On the plus side, I'm getting pretty okay with this new site design, although I can't seem to resist the urge to keep tweaking it (it's like editing, only in web code). I also didn't have to report in for jury duty this week as scheduled, which is probably a good thing for the judicial system as well as my personal schedule. I managed to send in my first book of 2013--my NaNoWriMo project, NATURE'S BOUNTY. My current WIP has my characters poised for the final showdown, featuring a trio of honked-off werewolves baring their fangs and ready to strike. Mike's first erotic short for the year is almost through edits and layout, while his very first novel is on deck just after that. And the new season of Downton Abbey just started up. 

 ~minor spoiler alert~And is it just me, or was anyone else genuinely sorry for evil Regina on last week's "Queen of Hearts" episode of Once Upon a Time? Ugh, I practically felt the boot kicking her stomach at the end.

The mind reels with thoughts of what next week will have in store, but by the end I'm hoping for a reprieve from the eternal cough-barf cycle, two cars that function (preferably at the same time), and my next book with "The End" typed neatly after a stunning conclusion. Wish me luck!


~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: