Tuesday, February 26, 2013

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Post

Lost in a Crash

On Mondays I normally gab about whatever I want, but this week I suffered a rather fatal crash of my hard drive. The kind where you can hear the disk grinding funny and know there ain't no bringing it back. Sigh. The crazy thing is, we'd JUST bought a new external terabyte drive to backup my files on. Sadly, I hadn't had a chance to transfer anything but a recent home video shot of my daughter. In any event, that crash delayed posting Monday's blog, among other things.

It's just been a really weird week, so I suppose this fits right in among the rest. My daughter's been sick, the weekend went awry, and I'm behind on my latest work in progress. On the good news side, I managed to use a Linux boot disk to pull some photos and files from the dead laptop onto the new terabyte, I completed and returned edits on both upcoming books, and I got my awesome cover art for NATURE'S BOUNTY.  Among the recovered files appears to be my entire recipe collection, so my Too Yummy Tuesday feature will be back next week! (Until then, I have a new favorite, low fat product I want to share with you all, so I'll try and slap that up sometime this week.)

I keep seeing Downton Abbey's season finale episode pop up as a trending topic, and I heard a lot of fans weren't happy with the way the season closed. I watched all the episodes except that last one, and I'm almost ambivalent to find out whether I'm going to be disappointed. Maybe while my Linux disk is busy trying to recover files I should just dig in and find out what all the fuss is about.

This week it appears my work is cut out for me. I need a new laptop, hopefully I can successfully recover the ton of video files I hadn't had enough space on my backup media to, well, back up, and I have some writing to dig in and get to. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well this week!


J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: