Monday, February 18, 2013

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

Cover Sneak and New Feature

On Mondays I gab about, well, pretty much whatever I want!

It's nose-to-the-grindstone week, meaning I've got two sets of edits back from publishers awaiting my review, plus Mike's latest to finish editing and get up on Amazon, and my work-in-progress that I left in the lurch for several days while I did other things. I will tackle each of these in that specific order, and hopefully by Friday my To Do pile will have whittled down to a manageable height.

I was excited to get cover art for my upcoming Siren release, PETER AND THE WOLF. Here's the first official peek at it. Another smokin' hot job by awesome cover designer Harris Channing:



Yowza!! I'm really excited about this one. Peter and Jarred are two alphas I'd love to bump into in real life sometime.

In other news, for those of you who missed it, this past week I launched a new feature on the blog called Stylin' Saturday. My daughter and I have been checking out some really cool hairstyles on YouTube, and each week we will pick one for inspiration and film us trying it at home. I thought it would be fun to post the results here.

This whole idea hairstyle idea thing sprang up as the result of a random bit of conversation at work about sock buns. That got me to thinking about how inspiration for other things--like writing--can strike in the funniest ways sometimes. Ever gotten a story idea based on something you heard, read, or saw? The inspiration for my current book came after watching an interview my publisher gave. The book before that was inspired by the title of an old classic story popping randomly in my head one day. And one of my favorite lines--and scenes--from my upcoming NATURE'S BOUNTY was inspired by a fun post someone started over on the NaNoWriMo forum. So as I dive into what will be a very edit-intensive week, I want to remind myself to be on the lookout for the Next Big Inspiration. Hey, you know, that's pretty good. I think I'll file that away as inspiration for a new segment on my blog...



J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: