Sunday, December 22, 2013

# #8 Sunday # Post

Too Gorgeous to be Human -Snippet Sunday

~~Today's snippet contains mature themes~~

On Sundays, I share work in progress as part of Weekend Warrior’s 8-Sentence Sunday

I'm currently writing/editing DISARMING COWBOYS, book 7 of my Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series. 

Last time, our heroine Jayel has just met the naked and magnificent David, who was so busy gaping back at her that he was ignoring his alpha's commands. I thought it would only be fair to give a little time to her other love interest, Jerrod. In this snippet, Jayel has realized that the man who just found her chained up in the barn is more than your average, insanely gorgeous ranch hand.

Jerrod glanced up at her, and she gasped at the tiny gold flecks sparkling in his eyes.
I should have realized you were too handsome to let anywhere near me,” she said, wiggling away to press her back against the wood slats behind her.
He glanced over the paperclip pieces he was examining. “You got an upper limit on how attractive a guy is allowed to be?”
“Yeah, considering I've noticed that guys around here who are too gorgeous for their own good aren’t human.”
He picked up the padlock and grunted. “Sounds like someone who’s gotten burned in love.”
“Werewolves have nothing to do with my love life,” she said, glaring at the sly, seductive grin he gave in reply.


Here's to "too gorgeous" guys!
So what do you think?



Find my Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or at Bookstrand here:

Trailer for the Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series:


~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ *

For more awesome snippets, check out 


~~~~
I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over twenty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: