It's Too Yummy Tuesday!
On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious! Today I'm happy to have special guest Maria K. Alexander, author of Untangle My Heart. She's here to share her recipe for shrimp and pasta. Take it away!
· 1 pound of cleaned shrimp
· ¾ medium Vidalia or Spanish onion diced
· 6 garlic cloves
· Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat pan
· 1 can of diced tomatoes
· 1 8.5 oz jar of Julienne Cut Sun Dried tomatoes (drained if in olive oil)
· Salt & Pepper to taste
· Dried basil to taste
· ¼ cup of white wine (I used White Zinfandel)
· 1 pound thin spaghetti
· Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1. Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add diced tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes. Stir.
3. Season with salt, pepper, basil. Stir.
4. Cook about 10 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through, flipping after a couple of minutes.
6. Add wine and stir. Cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
7. Cook spaghetti. Drain.
8. Serve shrimp sauce over the spaghetti.
9. Sprinkle with Romano or Parmesan cheese to taste
Untangle My Heartby Maria K. Alexander
The Wild Rose Press
Barnes and Noble
When her marriage ended in tragedy, Kate DiFrancesco rebuilt her life, but has never gotten over the pain of what she lost. Seeking the help of an ex-lover ignites feelings she’s promised never to have again. She’ll need to untangle herself from dangers in her past in order to break the hard shell around her heart.
Edward Weston has a lot to prove, both to his stuffy upper-crust British family, and to himself. Working alongside Kate, a woman he had a casual relationship with, stirs unexpected feelings. Helping her family makes him realize what he's missing. For the first time, he wants more than a one-night stand.
When Kate is threatened, Edward must overcome feeling unworthy to protect the woman he loves and fight for the family he never thought he’d have.
A romantic at heart, Maria K. Alexander spent hours as a young girl getting lost in and wishing to be one of the heroines in the stories she read. Books gave her the ability to go to another world where she loved meeting new characters, learning about their problems, and watching them fall in love.
Maria is an award-winning author of contemporary romance. She blogs about her writing journey with The Violet Femmes at http://thevioletfemmes.com. When not writing, Maria loves to read, bake, downhill ski, visit the beach, and watch romantic comedies. Maria lives in New Jersey with her husband and children, and writes in her “spare” time between juggling a full-time job and her kids’ busy schedules.
You can keep in touch with Maria at:
The Violet Femmes Blog: http://thevioletfemmes.com