Monday, July 28, 2014

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

Dog Days of Summer Vacation

LIFE STUFF 

It's vacation time, and the days are flying by much too quickly for my taste, thank you very much. That said, it's been great having time to hang out and not always be in a rush to finish one task and get to the next.

Bri in her Texas diva hat waiting for our flight home
Texas was hot and humid, but it was wonderful to visit the family, and I had some of the best food I've eaten in a while. I also had fun whipping up some good eats for my Mama. She absolutely loved my pumpkin chili, and I made enough to leave some behind in the freezer for her. 

Now that we're back, the rest of vacation will be for catching up on some movies, swimming, reading, and more yummy food. Although I'll have to do some final lesson prep and curriculum purchasing at Barnes and Noble for the upcoming homeschool year, which starts for us next week.

WRITING STUFF
Book seen at the airport

Writing stuff right now is still about reading stuff. I'm almost done with The Good Guy and Doctor Sleep, the two books I picked up to entertain me on vacation.  I almost bought another book at the airport--the Shakespeare version of Return of the Jedi just looked rather funny. But I decided to stick to the two books I already had.

TV/MOVIE STUFF

My daughter and I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2, and I have to say it was really cute! I did enjoy the first one quite a lot as well. Toothless is just too adorable.  I really want to go see Lucy, the Scarlett Johansson movie where she turns into a superbrain. Maybe this week, since Mike just got back from Comic Con (where he spoke on a couple different panels). 

As for TV, True Blood still has me reeling from the weekly death toll and general mayhem. And has anyone seen the new season of Hemlock Grove? Parts of it had me intrigued, but I wasn't sure where they were going with it. Then again, that pretty much was the same thing as last season. The finale had me scratching my head, though. I was like, "What just happened? Seriously?" That's pretty much how Teen Wolf is going for me as well. 

~~~~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: