Tuesday, November 4, 2014

# Paleo # Post

Yummy Maple Sweet Potato

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


So last time I posted a fall recipe for making applesauce, and with Thanksgiving almost here, I wanted to post a traditional side dish that is super easy and is a bit healthier than the style I grew up with.

My mother always made sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving, and it was one of my favorite dishes. She used lots of margarine, corn syrup or brown sugar, and a generous layer of marshmallows on top. With sweet taters in season now, I've been buying organic ones from the local farmer's market and adding them to my lunch. I season them in different ways, but when I'm in the mood for something like my mom's old recipe, I came up with a paleo-friendly twist that's simple and delicious! 

Yummy Maple Sweet Potato


Ingredients

Sweet potato (I use 1 large at a time, but you can size this up by adding 1/2-1 potato per serving. Double the rest of the ingredients as needed.)
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp real maple syrup (or honey, if that's what you have in the house)
a dash of salt to bring out the flavors

Directions
Prick potatoes with a fork and bake at 375 for 45 minutes to 1 hour until soft. Squeeze soft potato from skins, mash together with butter, syrup, and salt. Serve!

Enjoy!

~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: