Tuesday, October 20, 2015

# Post # Recipes

Homemade Coffee Mocha Frappe

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


I have had a love-love-can't-have relationship with coffee for as long as I can remember. I do have to limit how much caffeine I take in, but the flavor of coffee and the little happy boost helps my mental clarity and general outlook on life. It makes me a better writer, darn it! So yeah, I have to have some coffee, and hope "some" doesn't turn into the 5 or more cups per day I've been known to ingest. 

Since the weather in my region has all but forgotten that there's supposed to be this thing called "Fall", where the temperatures actually drop below 90 and stay there, I've been making iced and blended coffee drinks. The trouble with making these at home is that ice waters down the coffee, making for a rather bland beverage experience. I hit on the following idea, and it's been a whole new story.


Homemade Coffee Mocha Frappe


Ingredients
1 cup coffee, still hot
1 packet hot cocoa (I use the No Sugar Added, or use 1 Tbsp regular baking cocoa sifted with equal amount sugar)
1 Tbsp sugar or to taste (I'm limiting table sugar, so I've found real, organic maple syrup gives this a nice "wow" factor)
A tiny dash of salt (brings out the flavors)
6 Coffee Cubes (see below)
1 dash vanilla
Around 1/2 cup milk (coconut is nice, but any will do)
Whipped cream topping (I'd say this is optional, but is it? Really?)

Coffee Cubes: pour 1/2 cup coffee (sweetened to taste, if you'd like) into an ice cube tray and freeze 3 hrs until set.


Directions

Stir cocoa mix, sugar, and salt into hot coffee until dissolved. Add to blender with coffee cubes, vanilla, and milk. Cover and whir on medium-high until blended well. Taste and adjust sweetness. If it's too thick to pour, add more milk and pulse briefly to mix. Pour into tall glass and top with whipped cream. (A sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg is nice too.)


Enjoy!
~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: