Tuesday, October 13, 2015

# Post # Recipes

Plump Pumpkin Glazed Cookies

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


Anyone who knows me is aware of my affinity for pumpkin. When fall rolls around, the craving kicks in, and I must have pumpkin in All The Things.

Last weekend, I made my pumpkin chili recipe and had half a large can of pumpkin left over. So for dessert, I decided to make some pumpkin cookies. I was out of a few of my traditional ingredients, so I played around with the recipe a bit and came up with these babies. They are soft and cake like, but rich and tender and oh, my! They were literally disappearing off the plate while I was trying to take the photo below, which is why the plate might look a bit bare in spots.

What really puts these on a whole new level of YUM is the glaze. Coconut oil instead of butter, combined with the pop of maple syrup in place of vanilla, gives it a unique, wow flavor. You CAN use butter in place of the coconut oil, but give this version a try. And my apologies in advance if you find you can't stop eating it. 

Speaking of substitutions, you can omit the cocoa and add 1 Tbsp instant coffee dissolved into 1 Tbsp hot water. Me, I like the cocoa. 

You can definitely add nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips to these, but we were out of all of this and as it turned out, we didn't miss them one bit!


Plump Pumpkin Glazed Cookies

 Ingredients
I was in such a hurry they turned out turtle-shaped!

Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp maple syrup
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Glaze
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup
scant 1/4 cup milk


Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together until light. Stir in pumpkin, egg, and maple syrup until well blended. In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture in batches, combining well between additions. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets (ideally into rounds, because if you plop too fast you get those funny turtles shown above!). Bake for approx 11 minutes or until edges of cookies are dry and set. Remove to racks to cool. 

While cooling, make glaze by combining ingredients in a medium bowl, beating well until nice and creamy. To frost cookies, drop them straight down upside down into the glaze, then twist up and off. Let glaze set for 15 minutes, if you can stand to wait, before serving.

Makes 4 dozen or so cookies, depending how large your "spoonfuls" are.


Enjoy!
~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: