Tuesday, April 21, 2015

# Paleo # Post

Lisa's Gluten Free Coconut-Banana Pancakes

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


When I was new to the natural/gluten free eating habit, I confessed to my eldest daughter, Lisa, that one of the things I missed was the pancakes I used to make on weekends. She immediately told me about her recipe for flourless pancakes. Flourless in that there is no wheat flour, but rather coconut "flour", which contains no gluten. 

You may notice what seems a disproportionate amount of liquid to the small 3 Tbsp measure of coconut flour. That's because coconut flour absorbs a good deal of liquid, more than traditional flour. 


It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


Today I'm revisiting one of the most popular recipes I've posted here, a flourless pancake I shared a year and a half or so ago.

Lisa's Gluten-Free Coconut-Banana Pancakes


My eldest daughter, Lisa, posted about these on Facebook one day when I was very new to a more natural food eating habit. I'd been missing the pancake breakfasts I used to make on weekends, so I immediately had to give these flourless babies a try.

These pancakes are so YUM. If you start sampling these while cooking up the batch, there may be none left for anyone else. LOL. 

That said, these need a little love and patience while you are cooking them. Make sure your griddle is well greased (I like to use coconut oil for this) and resist the
temptation to flip them too soon. They don't get as bubbly as other pancakes (although I’ve found an extra ¼ tsp of baking powder helps), but do wait for some to appear and also check for readiness by carefully sliding your spatula underneath a corner. If you turn these too soon they’ll SPLAT and come apart everywhere.

Ingredients
2 bananas
3 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 Tbsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Directions
Toss bananas, eggs, and vanilla into a blender or food processor and blend til smooth. (Or mash your bananas in a medium bowl and stir the remaining wet ingredients in until well mixed.) Add dry ingredients and pulse/stir until mixed well. Pour onto a hot and greased griddle and turn when edges look dry and ready to flip. (See above—these may or may not bubble when ready. Don’t turn early.)

Serve with real maple syrup, banana slices/fresh fruit, cooked apples, or heat up some frozen berries with a dollop of maple syrup to make a compote.

Makes anywhere from 8-12 pancakes, depending on how large you like to make them. I do recommend keeping these on the small side for easier flipping.

~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: