Tuesday, January 19, 2016

# Post # Recipes

Crockpot Apple Pie Cake-Only 3 Ingredients!

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


Those who have followed my recipe feature for any length of time know that I have much warm, fuzzy love for the crockpot. Between writing, my "other" full-time job, homeschooling, and running a household, the crockpot has saved me more times than I can count. 

Today's is a fun one that's super easy and delish. It is basically a dump cake that comes out like apple cobbler. I saw this idea on Facebook and had to try it. Only 3 ingredients are technically required, but I'll say the addition of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream sends this right over the top!

Crockpot Dump Cake

 Ingredients

2 cans of apple pie filling (20 oz each)
1 box of cake mix, your choice (spice cake is awesome! Yellow works too)
2 sticks of butter

Directions

Spread apple pie filling in the bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top. DO NOT STIR TOGETHER. Leave the wet/dry layers as is. Now unwrap your butter sticks and set them on the top, as shown in the picture above. Seriously! That's it.

Now let this concoction do its thing in the crockpot set to high for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs until cake is done (it will still be moist, but cakey). Everything will melt together and cook until you get the cobbler-style goodliness shown below. 




Serves 8-10. Okay, possibly 6 if you get carried away like I do.


Enjoy!
~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: