Tuesday, November 23, 2010

# Contests # NaNoWriMo

Week 4-"Best NaNoWriMo Line 2010" Contest!



This is the official contest thread for Week 4 of my Best NanoWriMo Line contest(Check HERE if you missed the rules)--and where I'll be posting the final week's favorite lines from my own NaNo story, CRYSTAL'S COWBOYS! Warning: some of my favorite lines contain adult language and/or situations.

First and foremost, it's time to announce the Week 3 WINNERS!! Two of these were previous week winners as well. Great job!

FIRST PLACE: artofcheatery: It was kind of like snowboarding, but with a greater fear of hitting a sharp rock at the end.

RUNNERS UP:

GStyle: It's a good thing I'm not allergic to nuts, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

AND

Inspirational: "Well, someone’s malevolent."



Congrats! I'll be sending each of you a special award graphic, suitable for sticking on your website, blog, Facebook, or wherever. Our First Place winner will also advance to the semi-final round, from which the Grand Prize winner will be decided at the end of NaNoWriMo.

There's still a whole week left to enter, so keep on posting. Between now and November 30 at midnight PST, entries should be made in the comments section of this post. Having trouble? Email your entry to me at: jroseallister@verizon.net and I will post it for you.

Good luck! Below are my favorite lines for this week's progress on CRYSTAL'S COWBOYS:

11/23: (2356 today/62274 total) "You have reached Trey’s happily-ever-without-you, you two-timing tramp--please feel free to hang up at the beep, since that’s what I’m planning to do.”

11/24 (1282 today/63556 total)That’s not the face of the man who showed up on the ranch—a burnt-out, bitter, miserable cow pie who’d sat on his spurs in an office for two years straight.

11/25: (2449 today/ 66005 total) Love doesn’t always take it’s time, cowboy--sometimes it blasts right through the gate like a bronc at a rodeo.

11/26: (2912 today/68917 total) Two kings, a queen, the three of hearts, and the ace of spades spun up on the machine--ironic symbols of the way she’d given her heart to two heroes, then by loving them risked causing their deaths.

11/27: (1189 today/70106 total) “Maybe we won’t go quietly,” Rafael said. “Maybe we tend to get real noisy and attract a lot of unwanted attention on our way to somewhere quiet.” (I know, this is more than one sentence. Since I'm not entering the contest I figure I can cheat every now and then!)

11/28 (2341 today/72447 total) "One more trick cowboy move like that and you’ll have a new asshole between your titties.”

11/29: (8295 today/80,742 total)"I suppose next you’ll want a self-sufficient hot tub on a generator the size of Detroit, so you can soak away your old man aches and pains right while we’re having sex.” ---This is it! The novel is complete at just over 80k words. No excerpt for tomorrow!


~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: