Sunday, February 22, 2015

# #8 Sunday # Post

Christmas in February - Snippet Sunday

~~Warning: drunk Santa themes~~

On Sundays, I share tidbits of my works in progress as part of Weekend Warrior’s 8-Sentence Sunday


Today I'm sharing the opening snippet from Two Santas for Sarah, a project I've monkeyed with off and on after seeing a submissions call for holiday-themed menages.



“What do you mean, Santa’s passed out in the break room?”
Sarah barked the question into her cell phone loudly enough to widen the eyes of a little girl whose mother was pulling her along down the sidewalk by a mitten-covered hand.
She attempted a reassuring smile at the tot and lowered her voice by hissing the rest through clenched teeth. “I thought the replacement Santa was starting today?”
“This is the replacement Santa,” Claire replied. “He arrived all boozed up--and it gets worse.”
“What could be worse?”
“Since he passed out on top of the donations, half of the toys we planned to give out to the shelter kids are crushed.”


So, what do you think?


~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ *

For more awesome snippets, check out 


~~~~
I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over twenty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

10 comments:

  1. I think it sounds like an excellent setup for a good story and the last detail about him crushing the toys, just adds to the predicament! Excellent snippet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to say, the opening was a lot of fun to write. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG Santa wouldn't do that, would he? I'm totally intrigued about what she's going to do. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Bad Santa, all right. Thx for coming by.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's bad, really bad. I wonder what's coming up with Santa...another one...I think there's fun ahead when they get this worked out. :-)

    Your main character is great! I like her, "...hissing the rest through clenched teeth."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thank you!! And here's a hint...the passed out Santa here isn't even one of the two mentioned in the title. Although that would be an interesting angle too, hmm...

      Delete
  4. Fabulous first line - I burst out laughing. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! That's great, thanks for making my day. :)

      Delete
  5. Bad, bad Santa. That's terrible. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet not as naughty as the Santas Sarah will be meeting soon enough...thank you for stopping by to check out the snippet!

      Delete

Visits To This Blog: