Sunday, May 19, 2013

# #8 Sunday # Post

Thank God You're Awake -Snippet Sunday


It's time for Snippet Sunday! I hope you enjoy today's tidbit. 

This week's snippet is from my WIP, DISCIPLINED COWBOYS, Book 6 of the LONE WOLVES OF SHAY FALLS series.



Her eyes flicked down to the palest green eyes she’d ever seen, pale enough to completely unsettle her when he was finished forcing them open. “Thank God you’re awake,” she said.
“You all right, ma’am?” he asked, and God help her, he had the same alluring western accent.
“Me? What about you?”
“I’m fine.” Nevertheless, he winced and dabbed a palm to the back of his head when he sat up. “They need to watch where they stick these damn trees, though.”



~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ *

For more awesome snippets, check out 

~~~~


I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over twenty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

13 comments:

  1. I like how his sense of humor bubbles up at the end. I can only imagine what landed them in this predicament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really an enjoyable snippet, love the color of his eyes. Can't wait to read more of this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green eyes, western accent and a sense of humor-- I love him already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE this! I feel the chemistry straight off and I love hero with manners and a western accent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I like him already, and I love the humour here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like a real cutie. Love a sense of humour in a man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, even though he was hurt, he's worried about her. Such a nice guy. Very sweet snippet. Can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like there's been an accident and he's hurt, yet he's concerned about her. I like that in a hero and I could sure hear his accent. :) Great 8!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent job. In only eight lines I was already thinking, "I'd do him."

    ReplyDelete
  10. He sounds like a funny guy, hurting himself and still finding the strength to make a joke.
    and he is caring and have great eyes color... she is definitely going to fall for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my. A hot guy with a killer sense of humour? *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alluring eyes, southern drawl and he's funny - sounds like a keeper to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Made me smile! This really makes me want to read more. J Rose. Great 8 !

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: