Sunday, May 5, 2013

# #8 Sunday # Post

What a Man Ought to Do-Snippet Sunday



~~Adult language/mature themes~~


It's time for Snippet Sunday! I hope you enjoy today's tidbit.


Do you find you have favorite lines from each of your stories? They may or may not be the most eloquent you've written, but they just hit you a certain way? Today's snippet contains my favorite line from my WIP, Book 6 of the LONE WOLVES OF SHAY FALLS series.


When Zane had moved close enough for Lana to see a loose thread hanging from one of his shirt buttons, her eyes flew up to find him gazing at her intently. She held her breath, as though that would somehow keep her fluttering emotions at bay.


“You already know there’s somethin’ between us,” he said. “Somethin I ain’t about to deny or apologize for. But the fact that I get hard when I look at you ain’t why I’m tryin’ to help you. I’ll do it because I have as big an urge to do right by you as I do to take you in my arms. I’ll help you because it’s what a man ought to do. Not because you’ll owe me your body in return.”

~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ *

For more awesome snippets, check out 
I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over twenty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet. Men who do what they ought to do are a real turn on, IMHO>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the great chemistry and emotion you put into these characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this guy already! I cold hear his rugged voice. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snippet - absolutely love the guys last two sentences -- great lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, i love the way his way of speaking comes across.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well all right then! I liked him, enjoyed the "tone" of his dialog...terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like a nice guy and you've given his voice a lot of character. One small suggestion: You use both "gaze" and "gazed" in the same sentence. Perhaps substituting "staring" for the second one would sound a little better? Just an idea. Hope you don't mind. Nice to meet you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I love him already. Great snippet! Can't wait for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dialogue. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally sweet. I'm swooning here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I could hear his voice in my head, intonation and all. Loved his lines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. I can just HEAR him, complete with a bit of a country twang. (I have no idea if you intended him to have a twang, but I hear one when I read this.)And I love his straight to the point attitude, too.

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: