Tuesday, May 21, 2013

# Paleo # Post

Paleo Spinach, Strawberry, Bacon, and Avocado Salad


It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!

If you read my post about my bizarre plan to cure writer burnout with a new diet, you know that I've gone paleo. Today's recipe is paleo friendly, but it's utterly delicious for anyone! And don't worry, I'll still be posting other types of recipes for those of you who aren't embracing their inner caveman.


Spinach, Strawberry, Bacon, and Avocado Salad


If you're like me, salad is that quick, easy staple you rely on when you're watching your diet. And if you're REALLY like me, salad quickly becomes that thing you can't face one more bowl of. Here's a different type of salad I love when I'm tired of the usual lettuce and tomato thing.

You can skip the bacon, but I love the crunch it adds.  If you don't have the ingredients for the fresh dressing, a splash of balsamic mixed with olive oil is the bomb! And as with all things paleo, do try to get the freshest organic ingredients you can find. 

Ingredients

Dressing-
1 lemon
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I like Trader Joe's organic/unfiltered)
1 tbsp raw wild honey
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste

Salad-

1 bunch (or 1 ready made package) baby spinach leaves
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (preferably organic/uncured/no nitrites/nitrates added)

2 avocados, sliced
1 lb strawberries, sliced
1 handful of chopped nuts: walnuts, cashews, almonds, or pecans. (I tend to use cashews, but that's just my preference)

Directions

First, whisk up the dressing: squeeze juice from the lemon into a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, vinegar, and honey. Whisk until well mixed.

To put together the salad, toss spinach with about 3/4 of the dressing and top with bacon, avocado, strawberries, and  nuts. Drizzle remaining dressing over the top. 


3-4 Servings


~~~
J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!


4 comments:

  1. Yummy food for Tuesday. I think this not only yummy. This also nutrients. I think this food good for all ages people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like their ingredients very much. Especially avocado and strawberry. It's not hard to prepare. Because I try as soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I think it might be tempting to try raspberry balsamic vinegar. :-) How is the Paleo working? Gain energy? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paleo's going good! I'll definitely be posting updates.

      Delete

Visits To This Blog: