Sunday, May 12, 2013

# #8 Sunday # Post

You Feel the Connection-Snippet Sunday



~~Adult content~~
It's time for Snippet Sunday! I hope you enjoy today's tidbit.

Today's snippet is from my WIP, Book 6 of the LONE WOLVES OF SHAY FALLS series.


Holy mother, Jayson looked so damn hot standing there half undressed, his pale hair sweeping across his forehead and his glorious body hanging onto the limb of a tree he’d planted as an innocent boy. It was as if he was holding onto a part of his past, and there she was, desperately clinging to hers.


The kiss came unexpectedly, even though both men present had made their intentions quite clear. He kept it light and controlled, but that didn’t stop her entire body from shaking.

“You feel a connection to me,” he said, running his hands along her shoulders. “Admit that I fascinate you the same way wolves do.”

She couldn’t admit anything just then, because he lifted her chin with a finger and began pressing insanely delicate, intoxicating kisses along her throat. She let her head fall back farther, and when his lips found the hollow between her collarbones she felt a magic far more powerful than burying witch bottles or hugging trees.
 

* ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ * 

For more awesome snippets, check out 


I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over twenty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that was hot.
    The wolf is my mystical animal. I really enjoy everything about them.
    Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved the snippet. I loved the references to innocence in a context that is not innocent at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice detail, emotion worked into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That's a sexy snippet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rose...still got me going. I'm diggin it. I guess most of us have a fascination with dangerous animals...of all kinds.He knows it and it's like a gentle taunt...come on, pet me, you know you want to. Yes, yes I do...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intriguing snippet, playful and yet not...sensual - great excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great snippet! I felt the chemistry, the mystery, the pull of the plot! You have some amazing lines in here that just blew me away! I'm looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. intriguing - I'll have to catch up

    ReplyDelete
  9. *fans face* That was a very sexy snippet. I'm looking forward to more of this story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! That was incredibly sexy. Jayson sounds hot!

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: