Tuesday, September 3, 2013

# Post # Recipes

Fallin' Off the Bone Crockpot Spareribs

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!

My husband's birthday is coming up, and he usually requests that I make ribs for his birthday meal. This week has been unbelievably hot and humid, with awesome thunderstorms and temperatures too high for me to even think about turning on the oven. So I decided to toss the ribs into the crockpot with a few staples I had on hand. Oh, my! Very tender and delish. 

Fallin-Off-The-Bone Crockpot Spareribs

Ingredients
1 onion, sliced
1 rack (3-4lbs) pork spareribs
Garlic Powder
Salt
2 Tbsp oil (I used olive oil, but any will do)
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp paprika
1/2 bottle teriyaki sauce
2 cups water or beef broth

Directions
Arrange onion slices in bottom of crockpot. Cut rib rack into two sections (or more) so it will fit in your crockpot. Rub ribs with garlic powder and salt to taste on both sides. Whisk together oil, honey, and paprika in a small bowl. Brush or rub over ribs to coat; stack in crockpot. Pour teriyaki sauce and broth/water over top of ribs. Ribs do not need to be submerged in liquid, but the level should come up about halfway. Add more water/broth if needed.
 
Set crockpot on low and cook for 6-8 hours or overnight. Serve over a bowl of your favorite rice and include some of the juice! I like jasmine rice for this.

Serves 4 (unless my husband happens to be at your house for dinner, ha ha!)


~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: