Monday, June 16, 2014

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

When The Organized Writer So Totally Isn't


Well, it's happened again: my life, which I like to schedule using the Organized Writer approach I blogged about last year, has spun into a wacky, disorganized orbit. This Facebook status I posted over the weekend offers a clue:


Today is my blogging day! It's also my Finish Cooking for the Week day, Laundry day, Hang Out With My Kid day, Organize the Week's Homeschool Lessons day, Plan the Week's Writing Schedule day, Relax Before the Upcoming Work Week day, and oh, yes, Father's Day. Somehow, I think I took a very wrong turn where sanity and scheduling meet. LOL

Yeah. 

I'm not surprised, really. About once a year, sometimes twice, I find out that my best-laid scheduling plan isn't working anymore. When it isn't, stuff starts getting shoved around, and writing tends to be the first casualty. After all, food has to happen. Homeschool has to happen. Laundry pretty much has to happen, since I went on a rampage to streamline my wardrobe. Writing, on the other hand...well, it HAS to happen for me eventually, but not at the risk of starving my family physically or academically. So there you have it.

Oh, I saw the warning signs coming. That vague itch in the old creativity, the gnawing guilt that my muse was being shoved aside for other things more and more often. But I blatantly avoided the signs because I was too busy juggling to stop the circus act and get back on track. No more. I am officially taking off the clown nose this week so I can sit down and redo my schedule!

There's a reason I called the first post in The Organized Writer series The Writing Schedule You Need RIGHT NOW. It not only means, "Stop and do it this instant", but it also means that the schedule you need "now" may not be the schedule you need in a year, or even four months from now. The schedule needs to flow, change, and adapt just as our lives do. So at the moment, I need to ditch the "Then" schedule and redo the steps for a "Now" schedule. Wish me luck!


app coming soon!
All that said, I have been making steady progress on my mobile app, which I'm hoping to release the week of my birthday (July 5). I'm also working to get some free reads finished up and ready to rock when I open my birthday club signups that week as well.

If you haven't already, considering joining the mailing list for updates on the birthday club, the app, other freebies, giveaways, and book release news. You can sign up in the sidebar here on the blog, as well as on my Facebook page.  There will also be a free story available for newsletter subscribers. Once the first story is ready to go, I'll send it out to those who already signed up.
FYI,Maleficent was great! A few plot nitpicks, but lots of fun.




OTHER WRITING STUFF

*I didn't post an Amazon redux this week, but I did work on a pretty exciting scene for Disarming Cowboys, the final Lone Wolves of Shay Falls book. I think you're going to love it! 


~~~~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe. It's nice to connect.

    World of C. D. Verhoff
    cdverhoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: