Sunday, September 11, 2011

# Post # Six Sentence Sunday

Don't Let It Get Its Teeth In You!-Six Sentence Sunday

On select Sundays I'll be sharing a six-sentence excerpt from one of my works in progress, as part of Six Sentence Sunday.

This week's six is the opening of my WIP, DISCARDED COWBOYS.


Talaitha was in a hurry again, an ironic condition for someone who’d spent half the trip to Shay Falls feeling as though her life was frozen in suspended animation.

“Make sure you bring the white sage this time,” her father was yelling.

With her back to him, he couldn’t see her eyes roll. “I know, Papa.”

“Hurry, child, it’s getting away! Vanje, watch out and don’t let it get its teeth in you.”



~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

7 comments:

  1. I want to know what they're after. An intriguing six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must continue to follow this one- great 6
    Dawne P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you hooked me with this one. Can't wait to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering about those teeth, as well as the significance of the white sage. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Good six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. intriguing... will you continue this next week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAMN! Now she's in for it and I wanna know why! Great Hook!

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: