Monday, February 29, 2016

# Monday Musings # Post

March Madness, Money, and My Muse

On the first Monday of each month I gab about what's going on with me, my writing, and life in general.

March Madness


March is here already! I could swear we JUST celebrated New Year's. It's madness, I tell you.

Last month was a busy one, and this one looks to be the same. I'm over the moon to announce I began sending out my newsletter again! I'll be offering exclusives and contests, so if you haven't subscribed yet, look at the top of this site for the sign up box.


Money


February and March seems to be when I start trying to overhaul my budget each year. Maybe it's because tax time is rolling around again. Maybe it's because the year is still fairly new, but far enough past the whirlwind of post-holiday bustle for me to turn an eye to where things are headed. Either way, when spring is on the horizon, I like to take stock of our household finances and set goals for the future. We're in the process of prepping to buy a house in the next year or two, so it's been a month of pulling credit reports, putting away pennies, and seeing where we can cut back in order to save faster. So what happens? Naturally, my phone goes on the fritz, and I was simply FORCED into shopping for a shiny new one. ::bats eyes in loving wonder:: LOL.

 In fairness, I skipped over the brand-newiest of the new phones and settled for an upgraded, but still "discounted" older model. With a ginormous 5.5-inch display screen. Muwahahaha.



My Muse


Sadly, my muse has been highly irritated with all my left-brain plotting and number crunching. Muses, I have found, could give two snips about finances. The whole notion is so un-creative and terribly, unforgivably boring. So while I did make *some* progress on my next novella, Fire of Beltane, my muse sat me down for a scolding, and I promised to pay a lot more attention to him in March. Yes, my muse is a male. He is a handsome devil, too much so for his own good. While he can be prone to fits of jealousy when ignored, he's also known, at times, to take off on unsanctioned vacations when I'm clinging to him most. Y tu, Brutus? It's give and take when you're dealing with a muse. And mine can be quite the taskmaster. With six-pack abs and, occasionally, a cigar clamped between the perfect teeth in a gleaming, movie star grin.


  • ~*~*~*~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: