Thursday, May 26, 2016

# Post # Throwback Thursday

My First (Naughty) Fairy Tale-Throwback Thursday


On select Thursdays, I like to share a throwback to past writing, trailers, or randomness about me and writing life.


Submissions calls often intrigue me. Several of my books came about because of them.  In 2008, the small pub worked for put out a call for their "twisted" (i.e. naughty) fairy tale anthology. The possibilities started spinning, and I hit on the idea of a paranormal Cinderella. 

Sindarella was not only my first erotic short, but also my first anthology AND my first piece to be reviewed by a major publication. Romantic Times Reviews said Sindarella "stands out above the rest." I should frame that and hang it over my writing space.

The idea of fairy tales gone wild must have held special appeal, as I went on to write another Cinderella paranormal, a novella involving werewolves instead of vampires. (Sinful Ella and the Wolf)

After right were returned on the anthology, I released Sindarella separately (and just gave it a snazzy new cover and a fresh revision). It's available on Amazon, Smashwords, and Barnes and Noble. Be forewarned, my "hot shorts" short fiction collection is known to be even hotter and more scandalous than my full length erotic romance!


Sindarella
by J. Rose Allister
Not your grandmother's fairy tale...

Hot vampire Sinda gets off at the royal ball! Sinda Ella has a bone to pick with the stepsisters who trapped her and used dirty magic to bring the prince to his knees at the royal ball. An enchanted bite turns innocent Sinda into a wildly horny temptress, one who may prove more dangerous to Prince Verrill than the stepsisters she crashes the ball to warn him about.

Excerpt:

Mikkhail pulled a vial from his pocket, drinking a few drops. Then he murmured a few undecipherable words. “You asked of my power. I shall tell you.” He was within inches of me now, tall enough to raise my head to his gaze. “Then, I shall help you.”
“How?”
He pressed an icy finger to my lips. “I am not of this world. No longer mortal. This is my power.” He bent down, as if to press his lips to my neck. “The power to set you free.”
I swayed, my eyes fluttering at the sensual breeze stirring around us. His proximity burned through me. I wanted his kiss and much more. I meant to give him everything. The damp, leafy underbed would be where I divorced my maidenhood.
Then, something in his words struck, and I pushed him back. “How would I win my freedom, exactly?”
The smile returned. “By making you like me.” The smile widened and I saw them―two pointed teeth, one on either side.
I gasped.
“You cannot run,” he said, reading my obvious thoughts. “But your fate needn’t be eternal.”
Shivering, I hugged myself and tried to inch backward. “What do you mean?”
“As I said, I know of the craft. I was once a witch. So I can offer you what has never been.” He held up the vial. “An enchanted bite. I will end your mortal life for one night. Cross the barrier and relieve your sisters of their prince. Come morning, all will return as it was.”
I could barely take the words in. “I would be human again?”
He nodded.
That his offer sounded too good to refuse spoke well of my state of being on this day.
“Your sort isn’t known for kindness,” I ventured. “What is your gain?”
His laugh pierced my core. “I should think that obvious.” He leaned close, his eyes rolling back as he inhaled my scent. “The blood of a maiden.”

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over twenty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: