Tuesday, June 14, 2016

# Post # Recipes

J's Quick Zucchini and Mushroom Saute

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


Summer is here! One of the hallmarks of summer is a vegetable that produces like mad: the humble zucchini. By summer's end you'll be hiding it in sauces, sneaking it into bread, and leaving anonymous bags full on your neighbor's porch.

I love zucchini and eat it year-round, whenever I can find it available. It's quite versatile, but my favorite way to eat it is to sautee it up super fast as a pasta substitute. This is perfect when I'm busy writing and barely want to come up for air, let alone to cook. I frequently tuck it into my lunch when I'm working the day job.


J's Quick Zucchini and Mushroom Saute

 Ingredients

oil for sauteeing (I use either extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil)
1/4-1/2 onion, diced small
1 handful mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
1 zucchini, washed and then cut into thin strips with a vegetable peeler (a spiralizer works too)
salt to taste
garlic powder to taste
a dash of cayenne

Directions

Heat oil in fair-sized skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for 1 minute; add mushrooms and cook until they are beginning to reduce in size. Add zucchini and toss/stir until everything is combined. Sautee for a couple of minutes until wilted and soft. (This goes quick thanks to the thin peels.) Season to taste.

For an alternate flavor, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and a bit of Parmesan/Romano/Asiago. 

I eat this as a side accompaniment to meat, chicken, etc. You can double/triple the recipe, make narrower peels, and top with a pasta-style sauce as well.

Serves 2. Unless I'm one of the two, in which case I'll eat it all. Ha!

Enjoy!
~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: