Monday, November 14, 2016

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

NaNo's, WriMo's, and Online Shopping Mania

On (usually) the first Monday of the month I gab about what's going on with me, my writing, and life in general.

It's November, which is a crazy time for me. Not only is it time to start holiday shopping, it's NaNoWriMo, the November novel writing challenge. 


NaNo's

This year is my NaNoversary, the 10th time I've participated in the National Novel
Writing challenge. I posted yesterday about why I haven't been updated my progress and putting up snippets here on the blog, but for those who missed it, my project is a straight (non-erotic) romance that is being put out under a different name. I'm still posting updates and favorite lines written, but you'll need to visit http://janellmichaels.com/blog to see them.

NaNo is going well as of this writing...I'm more than halfway to the 50k goal. I missed one day of word count thus far, too much going on with the whole Real Life thing. Otherwise, I've been going like gangbusters to tell the tale of Lizzie, a bride who's been unlucky in love, her eccentric boss's crazy wedding plans, and Grant, the handsome photographer with a mind to pursue Lizzie for a whirlwind romance...but why?

WriMo's (Short for Write More)
My blog here feels quiet, I know! Last month I mentioned that I was making some decisions about the direction for my writing in the coming year, and I have a plan in place that involves a shiny new pen name. It may seem that my J. Rose book projects have fallen asleep at the switch as a result, but rest assured that there are things in the works!

I'll finally be picking up work on Bound to Her Master, my erotic bondage fantasy, in the next couple of months.  I'm so excited to finish the tale of Maddie-aka-Ti-Hana and her Dominant god Stepanyan, the gorgeous and powerful lord of the seventh realm. This has become my most epic romance yet, over 100k and still going strong, so I'm considering releasing this as a 3-book set.

Online Shopping Mania



With the holidays just 'round the bend, I confess that I've been spending a lot of time on online shopping. I mean, like a LOT. As in one night alone, I started casually browsing for gift ideas and came up for air SIX hours later. (Luckily, it was in the evening, and my daily writing was already done. )

I'm normally not a huge fan of shopping, but I just haven't been able to resist this new site I found called wish.com. (This isn't an advertisement...it's more of a cautionary tale.) It's got TONS of shiny, fun items for a low price, and it's been all I can do not to fill that virtual shopping cart. Actually, it hasn't been all I can do, because I have filled it. A couple times over.  Then I frown at the total and take some stuff out. Too much. Then I figure I can add a few more, and the endless scrolling starts again. Plus add my usual Amazon bargain hunting on top of that. It's a dangerous hobby, my friends. Dangerous indeed.



~*~*~*~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: