Monday, December 5, 2016

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

Tinsel, Takeovers, and Tossing Confetti

On the first Monday of the month I gab about what's going on with me, my writing, and life in general.

Wow, the last 2016 update post already! How nutty is that?  Next time I do one of these, it'll be a new year. It gets harder to wrap my head around the concept of how time flies every time. EVERY time!



Tinsel
It's holiday time, and at our house the outdoor lights are twinkling, the tree is up,
Bri and MegaUni by the tree!
and the gifts I bought online are being delivered to a pile in the closet, waiting to be wrapped. At work, I've been sneaking around the break room, dropping off my Secret Santa gifts. And in my writing world, I joined the Brazen Bookshelf Advent Calendar giveaway, where a group of authors are offering new free romance/erotica reads every day from Dec 1-24. If you're not on my newsletter and thus didn't see the announcement, you can still join up for freebies! Go HERE to get in on the advent fun. (And psst...then sign up for my newsletter so you won't miss out on cool stuff like this!)


You might just want to take advantage of that newsletter sign up right now, since I'll be announcing a free holiday short story coming out soon. Meanwhile, if December gets you in the mood for a holiday-themed read, why not check out Holidays Bite? Vampires and Christmas...what could go together better than that?

Takeovers


One of my favorite things about the holidays is the smell of too many delicious foods wafting from the kitchen! In lieu of my usual blog schedule this month, I've opened up for a yummy December Holiday Romance and Recipes blog takeover. Fellow authors will be sharing not only bits about their books, but some fabulous holiday treat ideas as well. As for me, I'll be making the guest blog rounds myself, sharing my mouth-watering fudge recipe.


Tossing Confetti


All was pretty darn quiet here in Blogsville during November because I was doing NaNoWriMo, busily pounding keys every day to get word count in on a new book. Normally,  I post daily blog updates and weekly snippets, aaaand yes, I did just that this time around. But as those who read last month's update know, I was writing under a different pen name. My progress reports went up on an all-new website, http://janellmichaels.com, where my more mainstream romance will be happening. But to sum up:


I won NaNo for the 10th time! Yay me! Hence why I titled this section Tossing Confetti. 


~*~*~*~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than thirty books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: