Monday, March 6, 2017

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

Luck o' the Irish, Lots of Books, and Lack of Time

On (usually) the first Monday of the month I gab about what's going on with me, my writing, and life in general.

Happy March! The past month has been so weird, with me feeling like I'm constantly behind in my work even though I got a lot done. I did decide to slow my roll just a little to take some extra time for R&R, yet my TBR is piling up high again. (One of my "R's" for March should stand for "Reading!")


Luck of the Irish


So here's wishing all of you a happy Valentine's Day, because without all of us devouring books and sharing our favorite reads, I wouldn't likely be here blogging about writing plans, the weather, and my latest recipes.


Lots of Books

The main reason I'm behind on my TBR is that I spent a large portion of the month reading over not one but three of my own manuscripts. I've been prepping Their Secret Paradise (the spinoff title to my Immortal Paradise series) for re-release as a free read. I also completed a special edition rewrite of Visions, my first novel which will be re-released free under my romance pen name.  And I'm re-reading what I wrote for my November NaNo project, Always the Bride (also for the romance pen name). When I leave a project behind for a while, I find it helpful to give it a quick read before trying to dive back in.



Lack of Time

It may be time to revisit my Schedule You Need Right Now, because I'm at a point when I spend more days than not feeling as though I'm not accomplishing everything I should.  It seems like I don't get enough writing done, the housework is behind, I need to touch up the roots on my dye job, and I haven't caught up with a TV show since I Love Lucy was in its first run. 

That all said, I HAVE been keeping up with one of my guilty pleasures-The Walking Dead. I'm not a fan of posting spoilers, so I'll just say this season has been quite a ride thus far. Negan keeps me on the edge of my seat, and even characters that normally aren't my favorites have had some moments. 

Until next time...


~*~*~*~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: