Tuesday, May 9, 2017

# Post # Recipes

Superfood Salad

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!


My daughter wanted to hit up the local burger joint recently, but I wanted something a bit lighter. On their menu, they offered a salad that was loaded with superfoods. I loved it and wanted to try it at home. Thought I'd share my version with you after last month's fry-heavy tempura recipe!

Superfood Salad

 Ingredients

1 cup of baby spinach
1 cup of chopped kale
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
1/4 cup craisins
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 Tbsp Chia or flax seeds
1/2 cup cooked quinoa


Your choice of salad dressing (I like raspberry vinaigrette, a spoonful of plain yogurt, or lemon juice tossed with olive oil.)


Directions

Combine greens in a bowl, toss in remaining ingredients except quinoa if you prefer to serve it in a scoop on the side. Drizzle with dressing. Serves 2.


~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than thirty books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: