Friday, October 4, 2013

# Guest Blog # Post

An Interview With Dracula -Guest Tracey H. Kitts

~~Today's guest post features an erotic horror tale by T.K. Hardin~~

An Interview with Dracula
By Tracey H. Kitts

As he walks into the room, I feel my heart flutter and my breath catches in my throat. For a moment I am unable to speak. I simply stare at him, taking in his beauty. He is everything I always imagined he would be. He fills both the room and my senses. As he sits in the chair facing me, I take a deep breath and try to steady my nerves.

“Good evening, Vlad. I’ve waited a long time to meet you, face to face.”

“Good evening, Tracey.”

My name sounds strange falling from his lips. His accent gives it an exotic sound.

“Are you ready for our interview?” I ask.

“Please, proceed.”

I clear my throat, unsure of how exactly I should go about this. Finally, I decide to just go for it.

“What is it like to be immortal?” I ask.

He sighs, as if he carries the weight of the world. “I once thought it was a curse. To be immortal is to watch all that you love fade away while you remain, unchanged.” 
He pauses. “No, that is not true. You are changed, you only look the same.”

“You mentioned looking the same. Do you have a reflection?”

His smile is sad. “Until I am reunited with the other half of my soul, I shall have to take your word for how I look.”

He looks magnificent, but I don’t say that. “Do you have any vulnerabilities?” I ask.

“Sunlight weakens me, but it does not kill me. All of my kind can be harmed by silver in particular.” He moves forward in his chair. “Does it surprise you to know that I can be injured by most any weapon?”

“Actually, yes. So, you can be killed then?”

“Not easily, but yes. It is possible.”

“How did you become … what you are?”

He looks at the floor and for a moment I regret my question.

“My love was stolen from me. I became cursed while trying to bring her back from the dead.”

“I’m sorry. If you had known the consequences of your actions, would you have made the same choice?”

Once again his smile is bittersweet. “There was never any other choice,” he says softly.

“There are so many rumors and legends about you. Do you have any special powers or abilities?”

“I have power over the storm and the beasts of the field. I can run with the wolves, float on the mists, and soar into the night sky.”

“That’s amazing. Why do you drink blood?”

“Because I gave every last drop of mine in a ritual designed to bring my love back to me.”

“You mean Mina? You gave all your blood for her?”

“Yes. There is nothing I would not give for her. I seek in death that which was taken from me in life.”

 “Have you ever considered walking away and letting Mina have a normal life?” I ask, wondering if my final question is too personal.

He runs a hand through his dark hair and sits back. “I have. I have wondered if I am being selfish, if she would be better off not knowing. But then I remember what it felt like to hold her and I cannot accept that this is true. I gave my blood and part of my immortal soul so that she might live again. I plan to see this through, no matter the cost.”

Before I can apologize (because I’m afraid I hurt him somehow) a shadow passes over the room. The candles flicker and in an instant, he is gone.

Book Info:
Dracula: In The Flesh

Jonathan Harker, a young English lawyer, is traveling to Castle Dracula in order to finalize a real estate transaction. He has been personally requested by Count Dracula. What Jonathan doesn’t realize is that Dracula’s interests do not lie with him, but with his beautiful fiancée, Mina.

As soon as he saw her face, Dracula knew the ritual was a success. After all these long years, his love has returned to him. However, many things (such as Van Helsing and Jonathan Harker) stand in the way of their happiness. Sure, he could kill them all and take what he wants. However, his greatest desire is not to possess Mina, but to love her and have her return his love.

Therefore, Dracula’s fate and the fate of those closest to her lie in Mina’s hands. She has dreamed of him all her life. But what will she do when she learns her dark prince is real? What will happen when she knows him, not as a dream, but in the flesh?

WARNING: This book contains graphic violence, and graphic sex. This is NOT a romance novel, although there is a romance involved. This is Erotic Horror and might offend some readers.

Purchase your copy here:



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me here today. :) I hope everyone enjoys Dracula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tracey (and, of course, Vlad) for stopping by to chat today!

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: