Tuesday, October 15, 2013

# 10 Day Writing Challenge # On Writing

A Disarming Elevator Pitch -10 Day Challenge Day 1


I'm participating in the 10 Day Writing Blogger Challenge that was created over at Hunting Down Writing. Each day lists a different challenge prompt that I'm greatly looking forward to sharing with you.

FYI, I will be taking a couple days off from my regular blog schedule (including today's Too Yummy Tuesday segment) in order to keep up my normal Snippet Sunday posting as well as to begin a 3-part NaNoWriMo prep series. Technically it's not cheating, since the challenge rules say the ten days of posts don't have to be consecutive. Onto today's challenge:

Day 1: Introduce your latest project with an elevator pitch (250 words). 


Disarming Cowboys
Book 7 of the Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series
erotic/menage/cowboys/paranormal-werewolves

A werewolf huntress is captured by a pack before she can take revenge for the death of her parents and turning of her only brother. The last thing she wants is for two of her captors to claim she is their destined mate. To realize this fate, the wolves must not only convince her they aren’t the enemy she’s vowed to destroy, but they must also stand against their own kind to keep her safe and put an end to those truly responsible for her vendetta.

I realize this is less than 250 words, but an "elevator pitch" to me is a 2-3 sentence description I can spout off quickly between floors in an elevator, and I don't talk that fast. LOL.  In any case, I'm very excited about the storyline for this book. I've known since the beginning of the Lone Wolves series that this heroine and plot concept would become the final book, so it's a bittersweet moment now that the time has come. I've had such fun writing about the doings in Shay Falls.

For Day 2 of the challenge tomorrow, I'll be posting 10 writer confessions. Stay tuned!


~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Facebook. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: