Monday, February 6, 2017

# Monday Musings # Post

Happy Valentines, Hard Work, and Half Time Catch Up

On (usually) the first Monday of the month I gab about what's going on with me, my writing, and life in general.

February again! I've been enjoying the lovely rain our drought-ravaged Southern California desperately needs, along with only minor brushes with cold/flu season in our house thus far.  Here's what's been going on...


Happy Valentines


I was telling my newsletter readers that Valentines Day for me isn't about one special person (well, not ONLY about him), but a time when I feel warm fuzzies for all those out there who share my love of books in general and romance reads in particular. You could say I consider it a sort of Thanksgiving for romance writers.


So here's wishing all of you a happy Valentine's Day, because without all of us devouring books and sharing our favorite reads, I wouldn't likely be here blogging about writing plans, the weather, and my latest recipes.


Hard Work

I've been putting in long hours working on projects for upcoming J. Rose Allister as well as my other pen name, and I've got some free reads and a boxed set coming up. 

Meanwhile, I also just got some brand new covers posted for my Sons of Herne series! The only one who didn't get much of a tweak is Tallisun's, and I'm thinking that will get done soon. And Devinmar might get another overhaul to better showcase his large chest/arm tattoo. I think Anduron's cover might be my favorite. What do you think? 






Half Time Catch Up


(By half time, I mean mid-season hiatus for some favorite TV shows.)

Since my "free" time is limited, I have to mete out my R&R in bits and pieces. To do this, I binge several shows, catching up a couple times per week while the rest are on hiatus or finished. So recently, while awaiting Game of Thrones, Reign, and Fear the Walking Dead, I caught up with Teen Wolf and am about to dive into the current season of The Blacklist. 

For books, I'm reading The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper. I just finished Entwined by Heather Dixon a fantasy/historical with romance features that is rather captivating. For fans of alien brides erotic sci-fi, I read Claimed by Evangeline Anderson. A hawt and intriguing read.

What have you been reading and watching?


~*~*~*~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: