Monday, January 14, 2013

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

Busy Bees and Downtown Abbees


animations 


It's mild-mannered Monday, when I gab about pretty much whatever!


It was another busy bee week. Do you ever feel like no matter how much you get done in a day, there are still fifty other things you "should" have accomplished? Yeah. I needed a t-shirt with that stamped on it all week.

Le sigh.

I am happy to say that I finished PETER AND THE WOLF, and edits are underway. Mike's next erotic short story, a paranormal titled THE HOT SEAT, is being processed by Amazon and should be available today or tomorrow. Mike's car is still in the shop, and hopefully we'll be getting some good news on that front later today. Relying on my car, which he has nicknamed "the Milennium Falcon" (for its quirky, eccentric ways, not its appearance) is always a risky business.

The flu bug at our house has thankfully (and FINALLY) dwindled to the occasional cough and sniffles, and with everything that's been in the news, let's hope it stays that way.

For you fellow Downton Abbey fans, I waited anxiously all year for Season 3, and the opening episode was no disappointment. I laughed, I cried, sometimes simultaneously. Dame Maggie Smith has some of the best lines, especially with the addition of Shirley MacLaine. The two of them interacting made for some great and hilarious moments.

Just when I thought I was making a dent with my to-do shovel, the family intervened and added more to the pile! Both my husband and daughter decided to launch YouTube channels, and Yours Truly was voted as special effects artist and video editor extraordinaire. The good news: I happen to find video editing to be pretty darn fun (although frustrating at times). Really fun. TOO fun. Which leads to the bad news. Me+video editing=writing slacker. 

I tried to rein myself in, I really did. But there's already been one all-night editing marathon and half a day's filming for my daughter's opening credits and first segment. But hey, it's all part of the joy of being a homeschooling family. The world is our classroom, so we go where the winds of learning take us at the moment!

This week I plan to send PETER AND THE WOLF in to the publisher and resume working on BOUND TO HER MASTER, the bondage/fantasy I had to put aside in order to participate in NaNoWriMo. It's also high time I firmed up the outline for Book 6 of the LONE WOLVES series, a task I'll fit in somewhere between my CPR for health providers renewal and more edits for Bri's first official YouTube video. And I still have laundry to do. And one of these days I've got to get around to coloring my roots, which are getting large enough to qualify for their own zip code. And, and and. Where's that t-shirt?


Bee animation courtesy of http://www.fg-a.com



~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: