Monday, January 21, 2013

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

Fringe Finale and My Kid's a Star!

It's mild-mannered Monday, when I gab about pretty much whatever!

Who watches Fringe? Show of hands. I caught the series finale this week, and I was pleased with the way they wrapped up (admittedly, I cried a little at it). I'm sorry to see it go, but I was grateful that they were given half a season to wrap up the story arc. Some great father/son moments between Walter and Peter. I was also thrilled (and had suspected) at the way they used the final battle as a sort of homage to many highlights of the early series.

Still riveted to Downton Abbey. I'll be trying to catch last night's episode as soon as I finish posting this. All I can say about episode 2 is, poor Lady Edith. And I was literally holding my breath when Mrs. Hughes finally got news about her health scare.

I got another book sent off this past week, so yay for me! PETER AND THE WOLF is officially in the hands of my publisher.  I would be remiss as a parent, however, if I didn't shove the limelight aside to toot my kid's horn.  Her first YouTube video went live this week! Brianna's Wonder World will take a random and often humorous look at life through the eyes of a 9-year-old. I'm posting the 5-minute segment here--please check it out and give her a thumbs up and a share if you enjoy it!



As a follow-up to last week's post about my tendency to spend oodles of time on video production, I must confess that getting this done took a lot more elbow grease than anticipated. This was mainly thanks to bizarre issues with my editing software randomly and frequently trashing sections of the audio. A whole lot of the week was spent redoing segments, attempting to research the problem on Google, and glaring at my laptop disapprovingly. We finally hit Best Buy for new software, and a chunk of change and some hours of learning curve later, we were back in business. 

Monday is not only my "gab" day here on the blog, but it's also my first official writing day of the week. True confession: I don't actually write Every Single Day. Shh. (Well, sometimes I get on marathon rolls.) My "scheduled" writing days are M-T-Th. Sa-Su are editing days, including Mike's indie work, and W-F are days "off" where I give myself full permission to focus on other things. This week I'll be jumping back into BOUND TO HER MASTER, which was rocking along at a promising 77k when I stopped for NaNoWriMo. Picking up a story after a couple months of writing others can be tricky, since this involves getting back into the flow/flavor of a different plot and characters. I've done a re-read over the past week to help call up the mood, and we'll see how it goes. 

We'll be doing some more filming for Bri's show this week, and I'm going to try and get my husband to hand over his zombie novel for me to start editing. And then there's the outline for my next LONE WOLVES book to flesh out. Better get to it!

Have a great week!


~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: