Monday, September 29, 2014

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

Happy Fall!

Happy Fall!
What a week! It was clean-a-palooza at the house all week, from carpets to laundry and some work on the garage. I'm pooped! But I like getting things shipshape before holiday season rolls around. We got our fall/Halloween decorations up, which was fun, and I'm absolutely thrilled that the past couple of days have seen temperatures much lower than the 100 degrees we've lived with for the past month or so.
LIFE STUFF

Meet Claire
My prior Monday posts mentioned car issues, and that our newest car visited the mechanic just days after we brought it home. Sigh. Turned out to be a rather major deal with the steering. But after a week at the shop, the car is back with us, and I got to drive it for the first time yesterday. Here's a photo of Claire:

One of the doctors at work is forever recommending books to read, and I just downloaded Feast of Souls, book 1 of the Magister trilogy by C.S. Friedman. He also told me of another that I've placed a hold on at the library: The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared. That's quite a title!

WRITING STUFF

I did some writing and rearranging on Lone Wolves 7, Disarming Cowboys, which is now approaching 85k words. I wrote a fight scene, hated it, gave it a couple days, and then figured out how to fix it. I'm hoping that's the final glitch in this book, but judging from how it's gone thus far, I'm not betting on it.


TV STUFF

Lots of premieres this week. I'm leery of the whole Elsa story line in Once Upon a Time. The UK premiere of Downton Abbey didn't wow me. Neither did Sleepy Hollow, which I quit watching halfway through. I haven't been much in the TV mood, admittedly. I'm trying to get other stuff done.

~~~~
On select Mondays, I like to gab about whatever's going on with me. For more gab, please join me on Twitter or Facebook. I love talking to people!

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: