Tuesday, September 16, 2014

# Post # Recipes

Healthier Fried Honey Banana


It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious! Today I'm sharing a quick-n-easy treat the family will love!



HEALTHIER FRIED HONEY BANANA

Since our family decided to ditch refined sugar and flour for the most part, I'm always looking for easy dessert ideas that will satisfy my sweet tooth without breaking the diet. This one I adapted from something I saw online a while back. It took all of five minutes and left my crew begging for more. Frying bananas changes the flavor into something really sweet and delish. And coconut oil is my favorite for the frying--it's very healthy and imparts a nice fragrance and taste.

Ingredients

2 bananas
2 tsp coconut oil (you can sub olive oil if you want)
a sprinkle of cinnamon to taste
a dash of nutmeg (optional)
a few tbsp organic honey or real maple syrup thinned with 1 tbsp water
1/4 cup coconut milk, whole milk, or half and half (optional)

Directions

Heat oil in a large frying pan while slicing bananas thinly. Lay slices in pan in a single layer and fry over medium heat, turning after a minute or two when the bottoms are golden. Turn off the heat.  Turn off the stove. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if using, and drizzle honey/maple syrup over the top. Cook for another thirty seconds or so to let everything glaze nicely. Serve with a small amount of coconut milk or cream poured over the top (or just plain).


By the way, this is amazing over ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: