Tuesday, September 2, 2014

# Post # Recipes

Healthier Magic Shell Chocolate Coating

It's Too Yummy Tuesday!

On select Tuesdays I share delicious recipes either inspired by my books or that are just plain delicious!

Healthier Magic Shell Chocolate Coating


I used to stop in at the Dairy Queen and order a dipped cone. The kids and I watched in fascination as the vanilla ice cream got dipped in warm, liquid chocolate and magically transformed into a hard shell moments later.


I confess, ice cream is still an indulgence of mine, even when I haven't whipped up a Paleo-friendly version. To go with it, I like to make a healthier substitute for that Dairy Queen magic. And talk about easy! Two ingredients and five minutes gets this magic from the cupboard to my mouth. 

By the way, this coating isn't limited to ice cream--try on strawberries or bananas! A fun activity for the family get in on, too.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life when I'm being good, LOL, but milk chocolate chips are amazing too)
1/2 cup coconut oil  (solid measure)

Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together over very low heat or over the top of a double boiler. Stir until smooth. It will be thin at this point.

To use, I recommend drizzling this over a cup of ice cream rather than trying to turn your cone upside down. I've lost more than one scoop right out of the cone this way, LOL. OR, place fruit pieces on a fork or skewer and dip right into the chocolate. Work quickly--it will start to thicken up as it cools. If need be, warm it up again and it will regain its texture. Store leftovers in a covered container. Not that there will be any leftovers!


~~~

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: