Thursday, October 27, 2016

# Post # Throwback Thursday

My First NaNoWriMo Book -Throwback Thursday

On select Thursdays, I like to share a throwback to past writing, book trailers, or randomness about me and/or writing life.


With my 10th National Novel Writing Month challenge (NaNoWriMo) just days away, I started waxing poetic on years gone by. I thought it would be fun to dust off that first book-in-a-month project.

My first NaNo project wasn't my first novel. I'd written one, Visions, and had been flashing on ideas for a couple of others. One would be fleshed out over time and released years later, but the other became my first NaNo win.

The book was A Grand Seduction, and despite the saucy title, this wasn't a romance. It was a women's fiction book with scheming, seduction for hire, a murder mystery, and just to complicate matters, a romantic love interest who happens to be the investigating detective. Think Hollywood Wives along the Delaware, in a small Pennsylvania town.

About A Grand Seduction:

If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, where do questionable ones lead?
When a group of friends decides to help one of their own escape an abusive marriage, their first job is to destroy the prenup that would leave her with nothing. When a scheme to seduce-and-get-cheating-pics works too well, they suddenly find themselves with a booming word of mouth business.

Then one of the husbands winds up dead, and nobody's sure who did it.


Now the women must keep a bevvy of secrets as police investigate a murder. What will be revealed? Has the circle of best friends even been honest with each other?



What a fun book to write! What do you think of that premise? A Grand Seduction was published by a small digital imprint under my Lisa Logan pen name, and I later re-released it independently for a while. It's currently sitting around waiting for me to decide whether to breathe new life into it.


~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: