Wednesday, November 8, 2017

# NaNoWriMo # Post

NaNoWriMo 2017 Day 3-8 AKA Dork Diaries

I've interrupted my normal blog schedule to bring you daily updates from November's National Novel Writing Challenge

Throughout November, I'll be checking in daily with some quick notes, a progress meter, and to share my favorite line written that day! 

Daily Notes: Yeah, about that "daily" thing. Just, wow. I was totally patting myself on the back for getting All My Stuff Done during NaNo so far. I hired a designer to make an awesome cover for the NaNo book.  I rocked hard on my word count, cleaned the house, and even shopped for new clothes. AND I cooked a couple gourmet meals (courtesy of meal kits, but still.) But I totally forgot to post my daily totals as promised. For like, DAYS. 

In fact, it's been so long I had to grab a VINTAGE facepalm gif to handle how I feel:




So, yeah. I'm feeling a little less invincible right about now.


Daily Total: (s)

Day 3: 2659 words
Day 4: 2610 words
Day 5: 2378 words
Day 6: 4224 words
Day 7: 5051 words
Day 8: TBA, since it's almost noon and I haven't started on today's word count yet. I was too busy doing the whole vintage facepalm thing.

Favorite Lines Written: 

Day 3


Every one of her movements seemed to flow in slow motion, synchronized in perfect, mesmerizing time to the heart beat thundering in his ears. Who was she? 

Day 4


More medics arrived and headed for the woman, but Derek crouched over her like a panther preparing to strike.

Day 5


Was that what Claire was? First date material? And second, third, final, keep her in his bed until she couldn’t walk…

Day 6


Tristan rubbed his hands together and glanced around, muttering all the while. “Okay, so no diamonds. Simple jewelry. Barely know the girl. Something that says ‘Please don’t file a restraining order.’ 

Day 7

“Sure you’re okay, buddy?” Sanders asked.
“Just counting the ways I’m screwed up at the moment.”
“Ah. Well, that could take a while. I’ll stop talking.”


Day 8

 No words on the novel yet, but I kinda liked my whole bit above about the vintage facepalm. Does that count?



Daily Progress:


About this year's NaNo, Kiss of the Dragon:

A firefighter breaks all the rules to rescue a beautiful woman from a fire--and that's just the start of his new and bizarre behavior. Saving his mate has triggered a power he never knew existed, one that could burn down his career and scare away the object of his newly ignited passion. Keeping his condition secret is the best way to preserve both, but how long can he hide the massive, fiery dragon lurking within?

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and Facebook. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: