Sunday, February 16, 2014

# #8 Sunday # Post

Hold Nothing Back -Snippet Sunday

~~Warning: mature themes~~

On Sundays, I share tidbits of my works in progress as part of Weekend Warrior’s 8-Sentence Sunday


I'm finishing up DISARMING COWBOYS, book 7 of the Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series. Skipping ahead a bit  from last week, Jayel is still on the battlefield where she'd gone to help her mates and brother.

Others from the allied packs were gathering around to stare down at Jayel, but she quickly forgot everyone else when David kissed her. His lips were hungry and desperate enough to give every inch of her sharp goose bumps. She closed her eyes and returned the kiss, and for the first time, she did so without holding anything back. She gave him everything she was while she smelled his sharpening need, tasted the perfection of his desire, and felt the quiver of his muscles when her fingers trailed across his chest.

To her disappointment, he broke off far before she was ready to relinquish his lips. “Jayel,” he whispered.

“See?” she asked with a smile. “Everything’s going to be all right.”

So, what do you think?

Find my Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or at Bookstrand here:

Trailer for the Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series:


~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ *

For more awesome snippets, check out 


~~~~


I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over twenty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

6 comments:

  1. I think everything will definitely be alright between these two! Hot snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a kiss!! I hope she's right....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snippet. Very promising kiss, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the snippet, I'm really looking forward to reading the entire book. I was thrown off by the "sharp goosebumps" tho. Maybe just me but I don't think of them as sharp. And then there's the word "sharpening" a second later. Which having uttered those nits (and that's ALL they are, I promise), I LOVED "tasted the perfection of his desire." Wowza, great phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensual, Rose. And "“Everything’s going to be all right.” is a nice touch! Good 8!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A powerful kiss to hold nothing back... and it's always nice to have those goosebumps :)

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: