Sunday, February 2, 2014

# #8 Sunday # Post

That Werewolf Thing -Snippet Sunday

~~Warning: Adult Content~~

On Sundays, I share tidbits of my works in progress as part of Weekend Warrior’s 8-Sentence Sunday


I'm still working on DISARMING COWBOYS, book 7 of the Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series. In this snippet, Jayel and David are hiding in a cave from assorted enemies while David talks turkey about being a werewolf.

Jayel glanced around at the harsh yellow illumination splashed on the rock walls. “So this is really the place where you were, you know, made into what you are?”

David bent over to fiddle with the lantern while she studied play of shadows dancing over his very tight ass. “What I am is a business owner, avid hiker, and closet pool shark with two married sisters and a condo down the mountain I don’t get to see nearly enough of, thanks to the recent crap going on up here.”

“I meant the werewolf thing.”

“I know what you meant. But despite your many and flawed preconceived notions,” he said, straightening up, “that ‘werewolf thing’ doesn’t define what we are. It’s just one piece of a larger puzzle.”

So, what do you think?

Find my Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or at Bookstrand here:

Trailer for the Lone Wolves of Shay Falls series:


~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ *

For more awesome snippets, check out 

~~~~


I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over twenty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love hanging out here on my blog and over on Twitter. Give me a comment or follow-I love chatting with people!

9 comments:

  1. I like it! I agree with Eleri, his exasperation comes through clearly and the dialogue is wonderful. Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..he's ruffled and exasperated with her, all right. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! She should know better. I echo what everyone said! His annoyance with her is quite palpable! Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like he doesn't like being thought of as a werewolf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! This has some great insight into his character. I'm not much for werewolves, but I think I might really like this book. :-) Good 8, J Rose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked it too. You set the scene well. i could picture it in my mind. His annoyance is loud and clear. :)
    The Murders of Polly Frisch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody likes being labeled for just part of what they are... but that 'werewolf thing' is a kind of big piece of the puzzle. I can relate to both their emotions.

    ReplyDelete

Visits To This Blog: