Wednesday, April 10, 2013

# For Fun # Post

J. Rose's New WTH?: Popsicles Are Evil

Welcome to my new feature, WTH Wednesday. 

Today's topic, gentle readers, involves an alleged infraction of dining etiquette that was brought to my attention by my husband. It came as such a surprise that I had to post here to ask you to weigh in.

He told me that I eat popsicles wrong. More specifically, that I unwrap them wrong. 


The pop in question
Here's the debate. As he watched me unwrap a big stick, he said I should not ever open them from the bottom up. PPE (Proper Pop Etiquette) demands that I open the stick from the top and peel the wrapper down.

His argument:
By unwrapping from the top down, one winds up with a convenient plastic-covered holder for said pop. 

Her argument:
Top down leads to a sticky mess on the wrapper which is then transferred to the fingers/clothes/dog. Unwrapping from the bottom and throwing away the plastic gives one a clean stick to hold.

So what is your verdict, ladies and gents? Have I spent the last so many decades incorrectly skinning my pops? Should I hang my head in shame? Inquiring eaters want to know.



J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: