Monday, April 1, 2013

# Mild-Mannered Mondays # Monday Musings

What Do You Mean It's APRIL Already?

Happy Spring!
On Mondays I gab about, well, pretty much whatever I want!

Wow, it's April already. APRIL. I mean, I really had to take a moment to deal with that this morning. Seems like just yesterday people were freaking out about the end of the Mayan calendar. Honestly, where do the days go anymore?

Here at Chez Allister, we're not quite business as usual following our lengthy bout with the flu, but we're MUCH better. Mike attended WonderCon this past week, where a 3-D camera crew followed him around and he gave several interviews, including one to CBS News. Bri was put out that she wasn't quite decreed well enough to attend, but she had a fun Easter and is looking forward to Tae Kwon Do classes again this week. Finally.

As for me, I made the rounds doing promo for the new release, PETER AND THE WOLF, finally got around to getting new head shots after like five years (see below), and I started work on my next werewolf tale (tail, ha)--book 6 of the LONE WOLVES OF SHAY FALLS series. The characters have some cool little quirks and I'm really digging this one, guys. I'm working on Chapter 2, and things might roll along even faster if I stopped changing my mind about the title. I posted a poll here on the site to get some input. Please give me your input by voting! Also, If you stopped by yesterday, you might have noticed that I changed my Six Sentence Sunday feature to an 8-sentence snippet format in conjunction with Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors. 


Finally--new headshots!
I've got some new stuff in the works this week, including ideas for a giveaway and blog hop in conjunction with May's release of NATURE'S BOUNTY, part of Ellora's Cave's upcoming On The Hunt series. And speaking of giveaways, you might have noticed in my News section that I'm sending all my readers to Lisa Renee Jones's blog during April, where she's doing a prize giveaway. Mention in the comments of her recipe posts that jroseallister.com sent you and she'll enter you in the drawing. And hey, if you win, I win too!

Okay, I'm off to write the next tension-filled scene of whatever the heck this next book is called. Have a great week!

A silly shot just for fun

J. Rose Allister is the author of more than twenty-five books, primarily romance and erotic romance. A former editor and submissions director, she now works as a mild-mannered hospital secretary by day, naughty writer by night. Connect with her on Twitter or Goodreads. She loves talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: