Saturday, November 10, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 10: Pups in Sweaters

I'll be posting daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Throughout November I'm posting my daily updates and favorite lines written as I draft my new book, Heat of the Dragon. I'll also post the treat I got to open each day as part of my NaNoWriMo advent calendar box.


Progress to Date:


Favorite Line Written Today: 
Something shot out from his back, massive and pointed, and then it flared out like a wide piece of leather. Another followed right beside it, prompting another blood-curdling yell. The others were drawing back farther away from him. Part of Jessica wanted to rush to him, or at least shout at the others to help. But she was in shock, frozen in her hiding place, gaping at the sight of Tristan…changing. 

Daily Notes:
It's my weekend off from work, and today was a great day to snuggle in in the new sweater and sip hot coffee while working on my word count. The days that were 80 degrees this week are now 60, with nights near or below freezing. Farewell, hot summer days!

Though work was super busy last night, I slid into lunch break just in time for the 9pm group sprint. This morning I procrastinated a bit with coffee on the patio while the dog ran around (also in her sweater) and my daughter made a reading nook/tree fort beneath a low-hanging silver dollar tree. But then I got busy typing and worked my way to the next chapter of Heat of the Dragon.

Currently there's plenty of drama in the writing. It's Chapter Six, and the hero and friends are looking for the heroine. Tristan is about to find out something has happened...

Daily Word Count: 3,874 (since last post time)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #10: IT'S ANOTHER SQUISHY! My daughter pointed out that this little yellow cutie smells nice. I dubbed him Squishy Too. Plus a chocolate truffle that I'm trying to save for later in the day. Restraint is not my biggest skill. Today's quote card is from Nora Roberts: "Be yourself. Be true to that, to your heart."


About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: