Saturday, November 24, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 24: Final Weekend

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 24
Progress to Date:
72,126/50,000

Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
The receptionist poked her head in the back. “There’s a walk-in for you,” she said. “Men’s cut. Charming and hot, too. Especially the eyes.”
Jessica felt the wow flutters in her belly. It had to be Tristan. But had he showed up with his eyes glowing in the emerald green of his dragon? That wasn't good.
The flutters got bigger as she walked out to the floor, stopping short when she saw who was waiting at the desk. As soon as he saw her, he broke into a friendly smile. So very friendly. But it wasn't Tristan.

Daily Notes:
Happy weekend off! After my lackluster Thanksgiving word count, Black Friday put me "back into the black" with over 2,700 words added. I got some writing done before driving to work, more while waiting for time to clock in, and two of us local NaNo writers did a head-to-head word sprint during my dinner break. 

Due to yesterday's holiday restaurant closures and an unfortunate situation where the food I ordered off my delivery app never arrived, dinner break consisted of slightly stale leftover dinner rolls and a slice of pumpkin pie. Nevertheless, I crossed 70k and am planning to get at least one more chapter written over the weekend. With no work shifts until Monday, it's my last chance for a two-day stretch to pack in all the writing I can. By this time next weekend, NaNo 2018 will officially be over...and my goal is to have all seventeen chapters of the draft completed.

I had skipped a scene temporarily, so I went back and finished that up. Now I'm in the thick of Chapter Fourteen, working on a scene where the heroine is interacting with the villain! Gasp.

Daily Word Count: 2,735 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #24: Squishee the Duck!! Isn't he too cute? He joins the squishee crew along with today's chocolate truffle and a quote card from Katelyn S. Irons: "Shine with all you have."

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: