Wednesday, November 21, 2018

# NaNoWriMo # On Writing

NaNoWriMo 2018 Day 21: Life Happens

Daily updates about my experiences doing November's National Novel Writing Challenge.

Day 21

Progress to Date:
67026/50000


Favorite Line(s) Written Today: 
Daily Notes:

via GIPHY


Well, it was bound to happen eventually. As you may have guessed from the late hour of this post, I fell off the NaNo train a bit today. It was my day off after four super crazy work days, and between family priorities, getting the brakes fixed on the car, and fatigue from this cold I've had, my word count tanked. The 1,966 I added below is because I did some word sprints after my last update post. 

I might try for tonight's 9pm group sprint, depending on how I feel. If not, tomorrow's another day! Yes, tomorrow's Thanksgiving. I also have to go to work.  But some sprinting will happen in there somewhere between commutes and cranberry sauce. Hm. Maybe that'll be tomorrow's post title.

I'm currently writing Chapter Thirteen, where the hero is about to get a surprise visit. You'll notice I had no "Favorite Line Written" today, and that's because the current scene involves a lot of spoiler stuff that I didn't want to reveal. Hopefully by tomorrow's update I'll have something I can post.

Daily Word Count: 1,996 (since last post time.)

Daily Goody Treat:

Treat bag #21: The next Alice in Wonderland themed post-it flags: the March Hare. So cute! Also a chocolate truffle. Today's quote card was from Wendy Wassterstein: "Go out there and do something remarkable."

About this year's NaNo, Heat of the Dragon:

For years, Tristan stayed away from his destined mate to protect her from the dragon nature even his native medicine practices can't control. Battling the beast grows harder with each passing day, especially since returning to the town where Jessica is close enough to touch. Her nearness triggers more heat than he can handle, and the spirit of his grandfather warns him that the consequences could be fatal.  Visions of a new threat to Jessica will force him to face the woman he ran from, but how can he save her when he can't tame the fiery dragon lurking inside? 

Book 2 of the Kiss of the Dragon series.

~ *~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~ *~ 

I'm J. Rose Allister, wife, working mom, and the author of over thirty-five books. Somewhere in between one and the next, I love talking to fellow book lovers. Check out my website at http://jroseallister.com, or visit my Facebook page if you'd like to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits To This Blog: